16 May 2013

Ophelia

Ophelia is a song by Dawnstar. It is the second track from the band's first LP, Saturnine Valentines, released on 16 May 2013. Both music and lyrics were written by Attila Wind in 2012. The first title of the song was Laura. However, during the first rehearsals, Bálint Hamvas and Viktor Albert ridiculed the chorus of the song which resembled "get on a horseback" in Hungarian. Therefore, later Wind changed the girl's name at the end of every second verse to Ophelia. One would suggest that Ophelia was borrowed from Shakespeare's work but actually Wind did not refer to Shakespeare at all. He just liked how the name sounded. It was played live for the first time at Szilvuplé Varieté on 12 February 2016.

Album: Saturnine Valentines
Released: 16 May 2013
Format: CD
Recorded: 2012
Genre: Rock
Length: 3:38
Label: None
Music: Attila Wind
Lyrics: Attila Wind
Producer: Attila Wind
Certification: None
Music video: None

Lyrics

I would take you home, Ophelia
When it’s dark and cold, just feel good
I would care for you, Ophelia
Just tell me the truth, just feel good

Keep loving me
I’m broken
I don’t know why I can’t get you back baby

I would make you glad, Ophelia
When you are so sad, just feel good
I would drink your tears, Ophelia
When you cry my dear, just feel good

I don’t want to be turned down again
I just want to believe
I don’t want to play the fool in vain
And I’m ready to leave

Ophelia is being played at Szilvuplé Varieté on 12 February 2016


Ophelia is being played at Classic Rock Coffee on 18 June 2016
Members

Albums

Songs

Concerts

Sounds